Monday, July 28, 2008

What we've all been waiting for!

Well folks, we have completed our first official day as Children of the World (COTW) team leaders! Sounds exciting, I know, but the entire day actually consisted of us parking ourselves around a conference room table and going through all the policies of WorldHelp and what to expect throughout the year. We met the East Coast couple (Tiffany and Steve) and several of the guys who will be sound technicians on the road. Everyone is so genuine in their desire to love the children first and foremost and make a difference in the world. Even though today was tedious, all the information being thrown at us just reiterated the excitement I felt when we first prayed about doing this.

I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THE KIDS GET HERE! Everyone lights up when they talk about them, and I feel like meeting them will reaffirm God's calling. Since the school year has ended and I stopped teaching, I've really missed my students. Being with them every day was such a breath of fresh air. (Thanks, Suzanna, for your sweet message! I love you and miss you very much!)

Sorry to be jumping around like this, but THANK YOU so much to our parents in Georgia and Kentucky for putting up with us this whole month! We have loved getting to spend time with you and are so thankful for your help in this move!

I will be updating the blog as much as I can now, so keep reading! We'd love to hear from everyone!

P.S. More to come on living life in an RV...

5 comments:

Donna said...

Even though you are starting your "mission work," I selfishly wish you were still at our home. I know, I know. I have to let you go AGAIN, but it is always so hard! I am praying that you keep this enthusiasm and excitement, that your training goes by quickly, and that you learn to live with that stupid shower! I so badly wish that I could see you when you meet your "children" at the airport. I know you will fall in love quickly! We love you and miss you- Mom

Sarah said...

I'm so excited for you and Jay! What an adventure you are going on! I can't imagine the difference you are going to make in these childrens lives. We will be praying for safe travels along the way! Love ya- Sarah Hargrove

Brandon and Leah said...

Hey Guys! Leah and I sure do miss both of you! We talk about you and pray for you often. We can't wait until you guys make it back to "The Dirty D". We are looking forward to checking your blog often and hearing of all the amazing things that God will be doing for you and through you. Take care and we will talk to you soon. Love, Brandon and Leah

PS- Jay, did you notice how my name came before leah's. That is because I wear the pants... what's up with "www.taylorandjay....". Oh, gotta go... leah's calling me...

Monica said...

So...yesterday was the first day of in-service for this year. And I just burst into tears when another teacher asked about you. It's like it just hit me that you won't be here this year. I miss you terribly girl! I know we haven't been so great talking on the phone, but gosh we miss you guys! And we are praying for you guys all the time. Yall will have a blast! Keep us updated!

Anonymous said...

Well, Taylor...I left you a comment last night and I don't know where it went....I guess it is just floating out in space somewhere. Anyway, mentioned to you that Monica was pitiful yesterday and it just seemed all wrong for you not to be with her.
But, I know that God has you and Jay where you are "for such a time as this." I am so glad that you are happy. There is no better place than in the center of God's will. However, I am thankful that you are renting the house... That might mean that God has plans to let you guys return to this area one day. Keep in touch so we can pray for you....
Much Love,
Pam Bruce