Friday, October 3, 2008

Funny stories

The first time we stayed in a hotel a few weeks ago, Jay and I had decided to get two adjoining rooms so that we could stay in one room with a couple of boys and then keep the door open to connecting room to keep an eye on four more boys.  (Needless to say, it was a very romantic getaway for us!)  The night we got there, we had dinner and watched some Disney Channel and then the boys got ready for bed.  I made sure they had all brushed their teeth and gone to the bathroom, then said goodnight and told them there was no more talking allowed.  They were so excited about the hotel though, that it was difficult to get them to settle down.  When it was finally quiet, I started getting ready to go to bed myself and took out my contacts and put my glasses on (which they had never seen me wear before).  Just as I was getting into bed, I heard voices next door and peeked in to see that a couple of them were up going to the bathroom again.  Isaac, our littlest boy, was coming out of the bathroom when I scolded him and said, "Isaac, I am not going to tell you again!  Get back in bed and stay there or you will be punished tomorrow!  You have already been to the restroom twice before bed!"  He walked toward me with this very curious look on his face, pointed to my glasses, and said in all seriousness, "Who is this one??"  I died laughing...I think my lecture was lost on him.  

We have a really long drive and I've spent most of the time answering the phone and talking with churches.  We stopped at McDonalds for lunch, and my phone kept ringing.  Sometimes, I get so tired of it...I feel like that phone follows me around everywhere.  I was sitting with the kids when it rang again and I said, "Oh my gosh, why can't they just leave me alone?"  Yeshoda, our little Nepali girl, quickly answered, "Because you're beautiful, Auntie."  

2 comments:

Mom said...

Well, you are, you know.

aprilbgray said...

Wow...I laughed so hard at Isaac's story that I cried...and then I read Yeshoda's story and really started crying!! Miss you all :)