Monday, June 15, 2009

One last photo shoot


One of our chaperones, Ashley, is a great photographer, but she hasn't had her super cool, super high-tech camera with her the whole year (for fear that it would get ruin by one of our cute little munchkins... good call on her part). Anyway, now that we're in Lynchburg wrapping everything up, she had a friend bring her the camera and we did a last minute photo shoot in the park for our kids. In my mind, I'm picturing a photo wall in our house- white frames, white mattes, black and white pictures. Thanks, Ashley... these are some of my faves! (She wants me to add a disclaimer that she hasn't had a chance to photoshop these yet. She's mad that I'm putting them up before she gets the chance!)

Isaac, the charmer

Neha, our sensitive, kind-hearted oldest

Jimmy, our "Crazy Man"

Suresh, the one all the church ladies want to keep forever

Prava, who I couldn't have done this without

L-O-V-E

Martin, our wise leader

The team that I can't believe is actually separating

Ezera, the uncles' wrestling partner

Rose, with the famous dimples

Gift, our mischievous boy

Sarah, the sassy one

Maria, the soft-spoken one

Zurufah, always the flirt, always the drama queen!

Lincoln, the boy with the servant's heart

Yeshoda, who is everyone's encourager

The best example of how we became parents this year:
Jay and I leave for Uganda tomorrow. Please be praying for us as we take fourteen precious children back home. We will be in Kampala, Uganda until June 22, and then the 23-27 Jay and I are going to take a much-needed vacation in London!




6 comments:

Tara Underwood said...

Ok those pictures totally made me cry - to think that you have to leave those precious children! Praying for you both!

Sarah and Ryan said...

Great shots!!! Praying for you guys and the children!! Have a great time in London!! You all deserve it!

aprilbgray said...

Haha...Ashley's disclaimer cracked me up! Hopefully that will satisfy her! I still thinks the pics are great, even without her photoshopping them!

I can only say this one more time, so I'm going to say it now. See you tomorrow! :)

Mom said...

Tripp's blog makes me laugh, your blog makes me cry. ENOUGH ALREADY! Seriously, I will miss getting your phone calls with your crazy tales of life with those children of yours. I am praying for all of you. A day and a half to get to Africa will be rough, especially with so many of the kids (and you) feeling under the weather. I will follow all of the little planes on the internet as you fly across my computer screen. And I will pray for you and Jay as you see firsthand the homes of these precious little ones and say goodbye to them. I am crying with you. We love you SO much!

Tripp said...

How precious. I can't even imagine, Taylor. Well- can't wait to welcome you to Europe! We are having a blast over here!

Tripp

Matt said...

These pics are so beautiful!