Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Jonah- 5 Months of Pure Love


Jonah will be 5 months old this week!  I really can't believe it's gone by so fast!  For a while at the beginning it felt like the days would drag out and I couldn't imagine him being this old.  I am loving each day... it is so fun watching him develop his little personality.  As a mom, I'm always curious about other moms' schedules with their babies, so I thought I would share ours (+/- about 30 minutes):

8:00 Wake up and nurse
8:20 Eat rice cereal
8:30 Time in the swing/play with Mommy
9:00 Nap
11:30 Wake up and nurse
11:50 Play time (run errands, spend time in Exersaucer/activity mat, read with Mom)
12:40 Nap
2:30 Wake up and nurse
2:50 Play time (Most days, Jonah goes with me to the tutoring center and gets loved on by everyone)
4:45 Nap
5:30 Wake up and nurse
5:50 Eat rice cereal
6:00 Play time (visit with Daddy, watch Mommy make dinner, take a walk, get a bath)
8:15 Nurse
8:30 Bed time (then he usually wakes up around 5:00 a.m. to eat again, then right back to sleep)

We are on a flexible 3 hour schedule.  The eat, play, sleep rotation is constant, but it stretches out in the morning and is a little shorter in the evenings.

Some facts on Jonah at 5 months:
-He is almost 16 pounds and over 27 inches long.
-We just started rice cereal last week and he LOVES it.  We haven't had any trouble getting him to eat from the spoon.  He actually dives for it most of the time!
-He is s-l-o-w-l-y growing more hair.  We're hoping he won't be bald forever.
-When I sing to him for long stretches at a time, he starts to "oooh" along with me.  He LOVES music.
-He is starting to reach out and touch/hit the pages when I read to him.
-He RARELY drools or spits up.
-He still loves his bath time.  We often use it as a solution when he is fussy.
-Standing is his favorite thing to do.  Standing and DANCING is even better!
-Jay gets bigger smiles out of him than anyone else can.
-He loves having his diaper changed.  Maybe he just likes to "air out" that area (such a boy)! 
-He is wonderful in public (his mommy doesn't give him much choice).
-He likes his paci (only the MAM 6-month kind) but it's not a necessity.
-He is concentrates very hard on most tasks (reaching for something, wanting to talk, getting acquainted with a new toy, etc.) and has such a serious expression about it!
-He loves new people!

3 comments:

Heather said...

I may or may not be obsessed with this kid. And his lips. And the fact that he likes to try to eat my face.

Donna said...

I still think you should call his paci a PONY! And in the best of worlds, there would be about an hour a day of DD time. (sigh)

Amy said...

Awww Donna, I know he would love that hour!

I was just about to write a post for Jayce too. I feel like I haven't updated on him in so long. It is so nice to have these type of entries to look back at someday.

I still can't believe your child is as big as mine.... Jayce is 17 lbs and 27 inches.... poor thing! He may grow up to be a jokey! haha!

Your schedule looks a lot like both my kiddos at that age :-) This momma loves her schedule! Although with Jayce I have learned to be more flexible, which has made me way less stressed out than I was with Lula Mae. Keep up the good work!