Thursday, May 26, 2011

Summer Lovin'

It's officially summer here in South Carolina and I am rejoicing!  I love the sun, the water, flip-flops (although barefoot is even better), the longer days, the more casual feel, the lighter clothes, and grilling out.  Sometimes I think I suffer from that Seasonal Affective Disorder... I can just feel myself getting happier the closer it gets to June.  I love the heat.   Really.  Not in a clothes-sticking-to-you kind of way, but in a this-weather-just-begs-for-a-pool kind of way.  And this summer is going to be special, because I am officially spending three weeks in my old Kentucky home!  Jay and I will be going up in mid-June for my cousin's wedding, and then he will come home and Jonah and I will stay through July 9th (when we will go to the beach- WOO HOO!!!).  I am so excited for this extended visit with my parents, and my younger brother will be home for his first summer in a long time as well (he is an actor and lives a crazy life, see www.tripparoundamerica.blogspot.com or www.tripparoundtheworld.blogspot.com for more).  Jonah will be meeting his extended family for the first time and I can't wait for them to spend time with him.  It will definitely be an adventure being away from home with the baby and having to readjust our schedule.  I will have to learn to be more flexible, but I will have lots of help!

I took Jonah to the pool for his first swim today.  It's hard juggling a baby and all their gear at the pool by yourself!  I bought him a float with a canopy over the top that worked out great (http://www.walmart.com/ip/Swimways-Baby-s-Spring-Float-with-Canopy/13264726- it says they don't have it in the store, but they had it at mine).  I was a little let down because he had ZERO reaction to the water.  Not smiling, not crying, just looking like he was totally bored with the whole thing!  He likes his bath, but I thought the cold water might not be as big of a hit.  I wanted to get him used to the pool because we'll be spending a lot of time there this summer, and I guess I don't need to worry about it anymore!  Here's Jonah as we were getting out of the water (he hates the sun being in his eyes):
All in all, it was a success!  Looking forward to many more summer days ahead...

1 comment:

Bright & Beautiful Learning Center said...

I enjoyed reading this. You and your family are such a joy to watch (not a weird, "stalker" kind of way). Just watching you enjoy life and enjoy each other is precious!