Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Ah, the Joys of Parenting

Since we've started Jonah on rice cereal, his digestive system has changed.  Good news: he doesn't poop as often.  Bad news: HOLYCOWWHATISTHATSMELLDIDTHATREALLYJUSTCOMEOUTOFMYBABY.  Seriously. Before now, this solely breast-fed baby's dirty diapers were actually pleasant.  Nothing to be afraid of.  And honestly, they didn't even have a bad smell.  Nothing the cloth diapers couldn't handle.  All that changed about a week after the cereal.

Jonah does his major diaper dirtying almost always during the day, so Jay rarely has to change one because he's at work.  I've tried to tell him how horrible they are now, but there are just no words to describe it!  This evening I went out to run an errand and left Jay with Jonah.  The minute I walked through the door, Jay came barreling around the corner and our conversation went something like this:

Jay: Why haven't you answered your phone??!!!  We've had a real emergency!  I'm not kidding. I didn't know what to do.

Taylor: What??  I didn't hear it ring.  What's going on? 

Jay: I think something's wrong with Jonah.  Something has to be wrong.  He had a MAJOR poop and I promise, you've never seen anything like it.  Seriously.  It was so gross that I didn't know what to do with it.  Believe me, you've never seen one like this.

Taylor: Babe, I know how nasty they are!  I'm here changing them all the time! What do you mean, you didn't know what to do with it??

Jay: I saved it for you to see.  It's sitting on the changing table. I couldn't deal with it.

Taylor: Seriously??? Uh-uh, no way.  That one's yours- you were the one who was here.  It's all yours.

From there, Jay made me go look at it (while we're both holding our breath) and tried to convince me I should deal with it (rinsing it out because it's not disposable) because I already have EXPERIENCE.  Real sweet, huh?  And yes, he gave in and handled it like a real man. :) Looking forward to many more lovely diapers to come!

8 comments:

Donna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Donna said...

HOLYCOWICANNOTBELIEVEYOUAREBRINGINGTHATPOOPMACHINETOKENTUCKY!!!

Jenn Earle said...

hahaha!!! Love it!! Yeah every since I switched Ainsley to formula and we have to put rice in your bottle once a day for her reflux her poop changed. For one she only poops like once a day now but they smell bad now! haha I loved the dialogue between you and Jay!!! haha

Jenn Earle said...

P.S. I dont double check my work until after I send it....I really need to start doing this.

Terri Wilson said...

Wow. I really can't wait to meet him now. Haha Just kidding. Been there and done that. Wait until you add formula or milk to the equation. You'll need a mask.

Love ya!
Terri

Bright & Beautiful Learning Center said...

This is AMAZING! I LOVE it! (the phone call that is - not the poop)

Heather said...

jay is my fave.
more jay stories please.

Kay-tee said...

that is soooo funny! and I love your moms comment!