Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Homecoming

I am sorry for my very extended absence!  Jonah and I have been back in town for a few days now, but we're still getting back in the swing of things (a.k.a. I've been doing laundry for three days).  I am so thankful for our little family to be together again, but we had such a wonderful time in Kentucky!  For those of you who are stay-at-home moms, you know that being "by yourself" (I know the baby is with you, but come on, you're not getting a lot of stimulating conversation there) can wear on you after a while.  The best part of being at home was having company all the time.  My mom was with me almost every minute of the day, and besides being my best friend and one of the funniest people I know, she is a super-woman with the baby.  She fed him, changed him, and sang to him for hours.  Every afternoon she would tell me to go spend some time at the pool while she would stay back with Jonah while he napped (I only took her up on it a few times... haha!).  

My dad really spoiled us, too!  He is an amazing cook, and catered (see what I did there??) to any dinner request I had.  He took Jonah on walks and let us take the golf cart for rides every day, which was Jonah's favorite thing.  I am so thankful for having such a supportive family.  My younger brother Tripp was home for the month of June in between acting jobs, so we got to spend two weeks together for the first time in years.  Jonah had so much fun with Uncle Tripp!




 
I have more to tell about our travels coming soon.  I promise I'll update more frequently now that we're home! 

3 comments:

Heather said...

don't ever leave me like that again!
your baby is a giant. i missed him. and possibly you.

ps - catered, very nice.

Donna said...

This summer was the BEST summer I have had in a very long time! Having you all, plus Tripp, was like heaven! I loved having that baby to spoil for so long!

I am thinking of all of Jonah's "firsts" that I got to see:
First time to sit up
First time to say words like "D.D."!
First golf cart ride First time in that jumpy thing
First time spending the night in a hotel
First wedding
First time to the beach
First bike ride
First baby food
First trip to "Forever 21" haha

I have wonderful memories to get me through the rest of my quiet summer. Thank you for coming! Much love!

Donna said...

First birthday party
First time in the ocean!