Monday, August 1, 2011

Weekend Fun

We had a great weekend with friends!  I love it when our days are packed with errands and visiting (Jay would probably like them to be a little more quiet, but they're not all like this!).  Friday night we stayed home and grilled out.  Jay loves to grill, and it works out well for me when I can just take care of sides.  After dinner, the whole family took a walk and then went to Bruster's for ice cream.  For those of you who don't know, if you take your dogs to Bruster's, they get a free scoop of ice cream with a doggie treat stuck in the top.  Our dogs love it!  Molly (the big one) eats hers in one bite and McKinley just takes one lick at a time.
Saturday, my friend Heather and I drove in to Greenville for some shopping (which was actually mostly just looking around), while Jay kept Jonah at home.  I had two goals: a new convertible car seat for Jonah, and a baby food maker.  Jonah has already outgrown the height limits on his infant seat, and I've been weighing the pros and cons of making my own baby food for a while now.  We went to BuyBuyBaby and man, I conquered that store!  With price matching and coupons (they take Bed, Bath, & Beyond coupons), I saved over $80!  I was so proud.  Here's Jonah is his new recliner car seat:
 I ended up buying the Graco MyRide 65 convertible car seat, and I'm really pleased with it.  It seems really comfortable for Jonah and easy to use.  The Baby Bullet was my baby food maker of choice and it's great!  I bought it partly because of all the jars and freezer storage that came with it, but I had already heard rave reviews.  Yesterday I spent about an hour steaming and pureeing, and I've probably got about 2-3 weeks of food in the freezer (bananas, apples, sweet potatoes, carrots, and peas so far).

Saturday night we went our friends Kyle and Tiffany to a neighboring town where they had heard some live music was being played in the town square.  We got there, and the live music was actually in the welcome center, quietly being played with an even quieter audience.  Not exactly what we were hoping for with two loud babies!  We were picturing sitting outside and talking freely and letting the babies play.  Since we were already there, we went ahead and set up our blankets in the square anyway and sat and talked.  Their daughter Lily is six weeks older than Jonah, and they are just too funny together.  Lily is has always been so active (she is crawling now) and full of energy, and Jonah is her chilled-out counterpart.  In this picture, Lily has decided to tackle her boyfriend (ha ha- you can see Jonah didn't mind):
We topped off the weekend with church in the morning (a wonderful worship time and a powerful message on persistent prayer) and I got to spend some girl time with some more friends last night- I felt so spoiled to be baby-free for a little while two days in a row!  Hope your weekend was wonderful as well... anyone else watching "The Bachelorette" finale tonight??? 

 

5 comments:

The Casabellas said...

Your boy is precious!! I am watching the finale tonight! I just can't help but like it! Hope your doing good Momma!!

Alex

Heather said...

I am still impressed with how you took BuyBuyBaby by STORM!

And your baby is cute.

And I will be over in 2 hours to watch.

That is all.

Donna said...

Heather comments always make me smile.

That is all.

Donna said...

No, I did NOT mean to write "Heather's."

Now. THAT is all.

Donna said...

i like the seat. it has cup holders!dadim