Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Hopeless case???

Sometimes I don't know what I'm doing blogging because my life is just not all that interesting!  But then I remind myself that I love to read other stay-at-home mommy blogs, so maybe others actually read this, too.  In the past week, I've actually received a couple of Facebook messages from people saying they always read the blog and then asking for baby advice for some different phases they're going through.  How encouraging to think I could actually attempt to help someone!  So hopefully that will keep me motivated for a while.  Our summer in a nutshell:

-I am PREGNANT.  Woohoo!!!  I'm sure all of you reading already know this.  I'm due at the end of January and today is officially my first day of the second trimester.  We will find out at the beginning of September if the baby is a boy or girl.  A boy would be easier since we already have one, but I feel like I've wanted a girl my entire life.  I want what God wants (and I truly know that will be best!) but I REALLY HOPE GOD WANTS A GIRL!!!

-Jonah and I went to Kentucky to be with my family for two weeks in June.  We were both spoiled.  I was only a few weeks pregnant and ate my parents out of house and home.  And I went to the pool EVERY AFTERNOON while my mom stayed home with Jonah while he took a nap.  It was heaven.

-Jonah is into everything.  I know that everyone goes through this phase (I think it will be a long one!) where I feel like all I do is damage control ALL DAY LONG.  He is so fast now, and I don't want him to be able to really run.  Is that too much to ask?

-We had his 18 month check-up and he is perfectly proportionate but BIG.  I asked our pediatrician if I should be worried because every time he meets anyone, the first thing I hear is, "He's huge!" Or, "What a big boy!"  But she assured me that he won't be a giant.  We won't be able to feed him a year from now, but we'll have to cross that bridge when we come to it.

-Small home improvement project with big results: new white subway tile backsplash in our kitchen.  Still some finishing touches to complete.

-I'm in the middle of the Beth Moore study, Mercy Triumphs, diving into the book of James and so far it has been a blessing!  I love, love, LOVE in-depth Bible study.

***Here are a couple of random videos... WARNING: only people who REALLY LOVE Jonah will care one lick about these:

(Explanation: this was taken after I vacuumed the rug.  Jonah cries the entire time I vacuum, not because he is scared, but because he wants to take over SO BADLY.  I left it running for him for a while, and then turned it off for the video so that you wouldn't have to hear it.  He's pretty thorough... he probably vacuumed at least 15 minutes!)

This boy loves looking at himself:



1 comment:

The Casabellas said...

I read your blog girl! :)

Congrats on baby #2! What a blessing.

Alex