Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pinterest Pickings

By now, most of you are probably on Pinterest, a.k.a. a perfectionist's torture zone.  I love visiting the site, but I have to be VERY CAREFUL because a lot of the time, it only serves to show me that I will never be the most creative mom/ best housekeeper/ amazing crafter/ stylish fashionista that it seems like the rest of the world is.  I don't know how many moms really bake all their bread from scratch, potty train their kids when they're 6 months old, and have a structured activity time (that of course promotes learning and fine motor skills), but it can be overwhelming!  I can't really afford to decorate or shop much, and those who know me well know that I hate crafts.  I wish I loved them because there are so many great ideas out there!  I need a close friend to force me to do a project with them in the hopes that I will catch a crafting bug.

I had a Pinterest conversation on the phone with my mom recently that went something like this:

Mom: Tay, what is Pinterest???  I've signed up for it but I just don't understand.
Me: I really don't know that you're going to get into it.
Mom: What do you mean?  Everyone is on it and I just need you to explain it to me.  I'm SO GOOD at Facebook and I feel like I'm letting down all my Pinterest followers.  They expect me to excel on here the way I do on Facebook.
Me: You're ridiculous.  Seriously I don't think it's going to be your thing.  You don't have young children, you don't craft, you don't care much about decorating, and you don't cook ever.
Mom: Oh.  Yeah, maybe you're right.

Needless to say, I think she has one pin and she hasn't been back on.  No need to follow her.

The one thing I CAN handle on Pinterest... all the recipes.  I have such a good time trying them out!  I thought I would post a couple that I've discovered that have turned out well. These are all easy, fast, and budget-friendly.

 Parmesan-Crusted Tilapia- I can really appreciate a dish that only has 5 ingredients!  This is so simple and quick.  We have made it several times and Jonah likes it too!



Chicken Parmesan- I've had a go-to chicken parm recipe for quite a while and then decided to give this a shot.  Again... so easy and DELICIOUS!  Just talking about it makes me want to fix it again this week.  Watching the video is kind of a pain, so be sure to right down the steps as he explains them.





Healthy Baked Chicken Nuggets- definitely a hit that we've made more than once!



Pineapple Salsa- this unique flavor is for a more adventurous eater.  Oh so addicting!




Better-Than-Takeout Chicken Fried Rice- made this earlier this week and it made for great leftovers too!

Of course I've tried others that haven't turned out as well, but I have hundreds more I have yet to try!  If you have a favorite Pinterest recipe, please comment and let me know what I need to make!

4 comments:

Jenn Earle said...

Taylor I love the healthy chicken nugget recipe as well! I have made it quite a bit and ainsley loves them! This was such a good idea to post the recipes that turned out well for you on your blog. I have so many good ones that I have tried I may just have to copy you and do the same thing!! Im going to have to try the chicken parm one!

Donna said...

So glad I could be the "humor" portion of your blog. And your info is wrong. I have pinned TWO things, thank you very much.

Rachel Schultz said...

Thanks for featuring my recipe!

Love,
Rach

Rachel Schultz said...

Thanks for featuring my recipe. love your blog!

love,
rach